Boys Soccer

Learn how we can help you achieve your goals. Learn More ›

Tennis Home Page

Learn to play like the your favorite college star! Learn More ›

Boys Basketball Home Page

Learn how we can help you achieve your goals. Learn More ›

Soccer Night

Learn to play like the your favorite college star! Learn More ›


The information below is provided for your reference. The University of Michigan camps and clinics are held and managed by the individual coaches. Please direct all questions to the individuals listed on the respective camp pages.


How do I register a camper?

Camp registration varies from camp to camp but most camps offer online registration. When you go to the camp's web page, click on the "Online Registration" link next to the specific camp that you are interested in registering for. Please note, there are additional fees for registering online (also called "convenience fees") and the fees vary by online service provider.

Most camps also offer the option to register by mail using the registration form posted on each camp's web page. Click on the "Camp Brochure" link to download the form and send this with your payment to the address provided on the form. Please note, this option is not available for all camps.

Are camps open to boys and girls of all ages?
Ages/grades and other enrollment requirements vary camp to camp. You may refer to each camp's web page for details. Please be aware that due to NCAA recruiting rules, our camps generally are not permitted to make exceptions to the stated camp eligibility requirements.
Do I have to pay the full camp fee at the time of registration?
All camps require a payment at the time of registration; however, a few camps may require only a deposit. Please refer to each camp's web page for details.
When do you stop accepting registrations for camps?
Registration is generally open until a camp fills, and all camp registrations are processed in the order in which they are received.
What's the difference between "resident" and "commuter"?
Many of our summer camps offer two enrollment options for campers - resident and commuter. Resident campers (also called "overnight campers") stay on campus in the dorms at night, whereas commuter campers (also called "day campers") "commute" between campus and their home (or where they are staying) each day.

The resident camper registration fee includes room and board. Unless stated on the camp's web page, the commuter registration fee does not include meals. Please refer to each camp's web page for details about what is included in the registration fees.

All camps that occur during the academic year will have the commuter/day camp option only.

Do camps offer any discounts on the registration fees?
Some camps do offer discounts, such as for groups, UM employees, sibling discounts, multi-camp discounts, etc. You may check the camp brochure for discount information or contact the Camp Director with any questions.
Are any scholarships or financial aid offered for the camp registration fee?
NCAA recruiting rules prohibit us from offering scholarships or other financial aid to campers.
Can I hold a spot in camp for my child and then complete the registration later?
No, in order to reserve a spot in camp, a registration and the required payment must be submitted.
Does Michigan have camps at any locations other than the main campus?
With the exception of Rowing, all University of Michigan camps are held on campus in Ann Arbor.
What is the camp's federal tax ID?
Each sport camp has a federal tax ID number; please contact the sport's Camp Director to receive this information.
My camper is staying overnight at camp. When will we find out roommate assignments?
Final roommate assignments will be provided at check-in on the first day of camp. Each camp will try to fulfill roommate requests. However, we cannot guarantee those requests. The best way to facilitate roommate request is for campers to arrive at check-in together. We assign all campers to double rooms and we fill all rooms to capacity, regardless of roommate requests. Single rooms are not available to campers.

Housing services assigns rooms in the resident halls by camp, gender and age. Please note the following when making roommate requests:

  • Campers will be in the same hall as other members of their particular sport camp.
  • Male and female campers stay on separate floors to eliminate unsupervised interaction between campers of the opposite sex.
  • Campers will be in halls with other campers their own age. If two campers of different ages would like to stay together, we will assign a room based on the younger camper's age. We will not place a younger camper in an older hall.
Are there any the rules and regulations that my camper has to follow in the dorm?
Yes! Please read over the rules and regulations with your camper, sign the Residence Hall Rules and Regulations agreement and present the signed agreement at Housing registration.
What dorm will campers be staying in?
All camps are housed in South Quadrangle however there may be an instance that due to capacity another dormitory is used in order to accommodate all camps. Most residence halls are not air-conditioned; campers are strongly encouraged to bring a fan.
Are campers supervised at all times?
Campers are supervised at all times unless they are in their dorm rooms. At that time, camp counselors will be nearby but not watching the campers directly.
Is there an age requirement for staying in the dorms?
Yes, campers must be ten (10) years of age on or before the start of your Michigan Athletic Camp in order to stay overnight.

When and where do I drop off my camper on the first day? After the first day?
The drop-off and pick-up instructions, schedule, and locations will be provided by the camp in which you are attending.
Where are the camps located?
Except as described in the camp's brochure or web page, all instructional activities take place at University of Michiganfacilities. The exact location of camp activities will vary depending on the sport, so please refer the camp's web page for complete information.
What should I do if I am running late for, or will miss, the camp's check-in?
Please call the Camp Director to notify them of when you believe you will be arriving on campus. We will provide you specific instructions for where to go.
Does my camper need to bring spending money?
While all meals are provided during camp for overnight campers, many campers like to buy snacks or have money for other activities the camp may have planned. Several camps also offer camp apparel for sale that campers may wish to purchase.
Can parents stay and watch camp?
Camps are generally open and parents may observe camp from a viewing area (not on the fields, courts, or mats). Women's gymnastics is the one sport that space for watching is extremely limited, due to space restrictions in the facility.

For parent's needing overnight accommodations please check out for more information.

Is merchandise available for sale at camp?
Several camps offer sport-specific apparel either through pre-camp sales or at camp.

Where do campers eat?
Most campers will eat at the residence hall in which they are staying overnight. For day or commuter campers, please check with your sport camp for information on meals. Some camps provide lunch while others ask that the camper pack a lunch.

For residential camps that do not include meals for commuter campers, campers are able to purchase lunch and dinner for respective camp days. 

My camper has special dietary needs. Are you able to accommodate that, and who should I contact?
Yes, we are generally able to accommodate special dietary needs. Please go to to learn more or chat online with our registered dietitian. Please make sure the food allergies are communicated to the camp staff.
Does my camper need to bring water or other drinks to camp?
It is not necessary for your camper to bring water or other drinks to camp instructional sessions. Campers are welcome to bring a water bottle to camp (please put your camper's name on it) but one is not required. Water is provided at all instructional sessions. Cups are also provided for self-service during hydration breaks. The Gatorade G Series, including Gatorade Prime 01, Gatorade Perform 02 (original Gatorade) and Gatorade Recover 03 will also be provided at many of our instructional sessions. Please note that Gatorade Recover 03 contains whey protein and is not recommended for campers with milk allergies. For more information about the Gatorade G Series, please visit


Does my child need to have a physical prior to attending camp?
Yes, every camper must have a physical prior to attending camp. The Physical Examination Form must be completed by a doctor or you can attach a copy of a signed physical. The physical will only be accepted if it is dated within the past 13 months, from the start of camp. In addition to the physical, every camper is required to submit the Parent Consent Form, Health Insurance Form and Summer Camp Health Questionnaire Form in order to participate in camp.

• Camp Forms

Is a first responder available for the campers?
Yes, at least one first responder is present at all times for every camp.
May I modify the Parent Consent form before submitting it at check-in?
No, we are not permitted to accept modified versions of the Parent Consent Form.
Are there health care tips for summer program participants?
Yes, for more information on health care tips please visit the University Health System information page at


Where can we park during camp?
Since camps take place at various facilities it is best to follow directions provided by the camp you are attending on the best parking locations. Please note that many of the University lots require a parking pass, hours of parking enforcement for University lots are posted at the entrance of every lot and structure.
Do you provide transportation between the airport/train and campus?
A few summer camps offer transportation to and from campus, however, most do not provide this service. Please refer to the camp's web page for complete information about the availability of such transportation and any associated fees.
How do campers get around during camp?
Depending on the proximity of the athletic facilities with the dorms, campers will either be transported by bus, or they will be supervised as they walk.


What is your refund policy?
Each camp establishes its own refund policy. Please refer to each camp's brochure or web page for the required notice for cancellations and any administrative fees.
What should I do if my camper cannot attend camp?
Please notify the camp if your camper will be unable to attend camp, even if you will not be eligible for a refund. This will allow the camp to keep an accurate number of campers to expect for purposes of planning housing, meals, and staffing, and allow them to notify someone from the waiting list if necessary.


Do Michigan coaches use their camps to recruit?
NCAA rules prohibit recruitment at our camps, although our camps do offer campers an opportunity to work closely with Michigan and other collegiate and high school coaches.
Can I contact the coaches directly?
Coaches must follow NCAA recruiting rules that establish when coaches may and may not have contact with a prospective student-athlete (anyone who has begun 9th grade, 7th grade for basketball). Therefore, even if you call a coach and leave a voicemail, the coach may not be permitted to respond. However, you may contact a coach by email.